Thursday, July 26, 2012

Introductions: Cooking on Campus

Hi! I'm Taylor, a sophomore at Webster University in Missouri. I spent my entire first year at college complaining about how much I missed having a kitchen while I was living in the dorms on campus. Last May, though, I got some great news: this year I'll be living in an on-campus apartment! What does that mean? A (small but functional) kitchen to call my own! In a few weeks I'll be moving into the apartment: unpacking books, putting up a shower curtain, and stocking my kitchen! I'm really super excited.

During the school year I keep pretty busy. I've got a reasonable course-load, an on-campus job, and involvement in various clubs and activities...but I still want to make time to eat well & be healthy. (I'm no Super Healthnut Girl, but I do try to exercise and eat my fruits & veggies.) So I decided to keep a blog, to keep myself accountable.

Here's the breakdown I've got in mind:
-Sunday Special: a dish that maybe takes a little more time/effort to make, because I'll have more free time on Sundays
-Fitness Friday: a recap of my recent exercise efforts
-Something else: No, that's not a title. It just means that I'll try to post more types of things than just the two above

So, that's the plan. I'll still be posting before I move into the apartment--I've already got a recipe for muffins that I made this morning to put up later. Until then!


No comments:

Post a Comment